* Error 5004 - Wrong Host for Authorization. The HostID in the License doesn't Match...
Posted by Christian Kramer on 2019-06-11 06:52
(Works only under OS Windows)
The reason of this error can be the WiFi settings. The Mac address of the Ethernet network adapter sometimes always changes, when you disconnect from your network or restart your computer. To sort the problem we will try change activation source and use your hard disk serial number for the license key calculation. Below the steps to follow:
2. Extract it to a temporary folder and execute the included fx_GetHostIds.exe.
3. Then send me the created fx_GetHostIds.txt-file. The resulting file contains a listing of all found hostIDs, which our activation library can use.
4. On base of the fx_GetHostIds.txt- we can calculate a new .lic license key file.
5. Then save this .lic license key file under c:\ProgramData\ARES Commander Edition\ and ARES Commander should be activated correctly.
Notes / Restrictions:
The mechanism with that uses the hard disk serial number as calculation base for the license key works for Windows OSs' since ARES Commander 2014 SP1 (Build 14-2).
The hard disk ID option only exists for physical computer. Virtual machines cannot provide a hard disk serial number.